GYMKHANA – Autocross and Drifting
Gymkhana can best be summed up as a hybrid of autocross and drifting. Utilizing a pre-defined course outlined by cones, a driver races against the clock. Whereas the purpose of an autocross is to achieve a fluid motion without losing traction, Gymkhana emphasizes vehicle momentum via drifting through the turns. Gymkhana’s courses are more complex and tighter than autocross courses with the addition of obstacles including figure 8’s, pointer cones (to perform 360’s), handbrake style turns and loop-back slaloms to name a few. Key attributes to setting good lap times are vehicle preparation, driving techniques and course memorization. As a result, Gymkhana caters to all types of vehicles from factory stock Toyota Corollas to modified Dodge Vipers.
Function over form, I like everything (Hot Rods, Trucks, Imports, Exotics).
Armed with a camera, anything is bound to happen. With a mind thinking a mile a minute who knows what will come next. Stay tuned…
Latest posts by Jeff C. (see all)
- Expozed Show Recap / Review – August 28, 2015
- Feature: Mitsubishi Evo X – Unleashing The Beast – August 14, 2015
- SEMA 2015 Coverage and More – August 6, 2015
- Cancer Sucks Charity Car Meet – August 2, 2015
- Twizted Intentions Maryland Presents – Cruise to Cancun Cantina 2 – July 29, 2015