GYMKHANA – Autocross and Drifting
Gymkhana can best be summed up as a hybrid of autocross and drifting. Utilizing a pre-defined course outlined by cones, a driver races against the clock. Whereas the purpose of an autocross is to achieve a fluid motion without losing traction, Gymkhana emphasizes vehicle momentum via drifting through the turns. Gymkhana’s courses are more complex and tighter than autocross courses with the addition of obstacles including figure 8’s, pointer cones (to perform 360’s), handbrake style turns and loop-back slaloms to name a few. Key attributes to setting good lap times are vehicle preparation, driving techniques and course memorization. As a result, Gymkhana caters to all types of vehicles from factory stock Toyota Corollas to modified Dodge Vipers.
Armed with a camera, anything is bound to happen. CarShowz is my creation and my way to give back to the automotive industry, I will continue to support the scene as long as my heart is still pumping!
Latest posts by Jeff C. (see all)
- Car Nicknames – Top Automotive Nicknames – January 24, 2015
- NASCAR Souvenirs – A Change In Sales – January 22, 2015
- Car Shows Hosting – How to Plan a Car Show? – January 19, 2015
- Flemmings Ultimate Garage – Rockville, MD. – January 16, 2015
- August 28-29 Expozed Car Show – Maryland (Discount CODE inside) – January 1, 2015