GYMKHANA – Autocross and Drifting
Gymkhana can best be summed up as a hybrid of autocross and drifting. Utilizing a pre-defined course outlined by cones, a driver races against the clock. Whereas the purpose of an autocross is to achieve a fluid motion without losing traction, Gymkhana emphasizes vehicle momentum via drifting through the turns. Gymkhana’s courses are more complex and tighter than autocross courses with the addition of obstacles including figure 8’s, pointer cones (to perform 360’s), handbrake style turns and loop-back slaloms to name a few. Key attributes to setting good lap times are vehicle preparation, driving techniques and course memorization. As a result, Gymkhana caters to all types of vehicles from factory stock Toyota Corollas to modified Dodge Vipers.
Latest posts by Jeff C. (see all)
- DVD – NonStop Media #Hashtags & #Hangovers DVD Preorder - November 15, 2014
- Luxary Car Rentals – Imagine Lifestyles - October 9, 2014
- 800hp 358ci NASCAR Rat Truck - September 29, 2014
- PHOTOS: The Rodder’s Journal Vintage Speed & Custom Car Revival - September 27, 2014
- Carlisle All – Truck Nationals 2014 – VIDEO Coverage - September 11, 2014